About the LLM/MPhil
The Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria now offers a LLM/MPhil (Sexual & Reproductive Rights in Africa) degree.
This two-year programme is offered as a blended learning course comprising of online interaction and residential block-weeks in Pretoria. Two contact sessions will be scheduled every year (four contact sessions over the period of two years).
Who can apply for LLM/MPhil
- The LLM degree is open to individuals with a LLB degree or equivalent.
- The MPhil degree is open to non-lawyers with at least an honours degree in an academic discipline relevant to sexual and reproductive rights in AfricaOR any other qualification in an academic discipline relevant to sexual and reproductive rights in Africa that allows admission to a master’s programme at the institution where the undergraduate qualification was obtained. If that qualificatio has duration of less than 4 years, substantial proven practical or professional experience in sexual and reproductive rights in Africa, subject to the discretion of the Dean, is further required.
Applicants must have excellent academic credentials and demonstrate human rights experience or interest. A maximum of fifteen students will be accepted for the 2018 academic year.
Benefits in the LLM/MPhil Programme
- grooming of leaders with a capacity to influence the social transformation of societies
- raising of public awareness about sexual and reproductive health and rights
- increasing the public understanding of sexual and reproductive health and rights
- enhancing the capacity of groups, networks or organisations that promote sexual and reproductive health and rights and related rights, including the rights of women and sexual minorities
- advancing the reproductive and sexual health and rights of individuals and communities
- combating discrimination and stigma surrounding sexual and reproductive health and rights
- influencing interventions in sexual and reproductive health and rights national and regional levels
- influencing policy-making in sexual and reproductive health and rights at the national and regional levels
Procedures on how to apply
- Click here to read about the application process
- Click here to apply online (please note – you must create an account on the Submittable platform before you can apply)
Course duration (two years)
2019 intake: January 2019 – December 2020
Gain 200 level admission to study in any university of your choice. NO JAMB | LOW FEES. Registration in progress. Call 08064767107 NOW!
Application deadline: 31 July 2018
This is a selection course and applications must be submitted before 31 July 2018 to be admitted to the 2019 academic year.
See more posts