Do you want to study Political science in the University? Are you wondering: what is the jamb Combination or waec Subject combination for Political science?
Then this article was specially written for you.
Jamb Subject Combination For Political Science
Use Of English
Government or History
Two other art or social science subjects e.g economics, geography
SPECIAL JAMB Requirements for Some Universities
(1) LASU requires Mathematics.
Gain 200 level admission to study in any university of your choice. NO JAMB | LOW FEES. Registration in progress. Call 08064767107 NOW!
(2) UNIILORIN – Government or History plus any two of Economics, Geography Lit in English, English and Mathematics
(3) UI – 3 subjects in Arts, Science Social Sciences
(4) AAU – Government and Mathematics are mandatory
(5) UNILAG requires Government and any other 2 subjects from Economics, Geography, History, Literature in English, CRS/IRS and Mathematics.
(6) DELSU requires Government, one Social Science subject and any other subject.
(7) EBSU requires Government and Economics.
(8) AAUA accepts three Arts or Social Science subjects and Mathematics
(9) ABU requires Government or History, and any two of Economics, Geography, Civic Education, Islamic Studies, CRS.
(10) ABUAD and KWASU require Government and any two (2) Social science or one (1) Arts and one (1) Social Science subject or Mathematics.
(11) FED-LAFIA – Same as in Sociology.
(12) OAU accepts Mathematics, Government and any one of Economics, Geography or Literature in English.
(13) BOWEN requires Mathematics, Government and any other Social Science subject.
(14) BAYERO requires Government or History plus two other Social Science subjects.
WAEC/O’level Subject Combination For Political Science
Five SSCE credit passes in Government or History, English Language and three other subjects. At least a pass in Mathematics is required
Possible WAEC/O’level Subject Combination:
- Mathematics (Pass)
- English Language
- Civic Education
- Computer Studies
- Trade Subject e. g Book keeping
Direct Entry Requirements for Political Science
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Political Science, if you don’t intend to use UTME.
You require; Two ‘A’ level passes including Government or History.
SPECIAL DIRECT ENTRY CONDITIONS For Some Universities
(1) UNICAL requires three ‘A’ level passes in Government and any one of Economics, Mathematics and Geography. History not acceptable in lieu of Government but accepts I.J.M.B.
(2) UNIILORIN and DELSU accept ‘A’ level passes in Government, and any Social Science subject.
(3) OAU requires Government.
(4) UNIZIK and IBADAN accept any two A level passes
(5) BINGHAM accepts National Diploma in Public Administration at merit level
(6) AAU requires A level passes in Government and one social science subject are mandatory.
(5) UNIZIK requires similar requirement as for Economics for both Direct Entry and UTME applicants. But a pass in O/L Mathematics is acceptable
(6) UNILAG requires ;
(a) Very good passes in three JUPEB/A-LEVEL subjects: Government, and any two of Lit-in- English, Economics, History, and CRS/IRS, Geography.
(b) Two (2) Cambridge A/Level passes including Government/History.
(c) Candidates must also satisfy the ‘O’ Level requirement.
(7) COVENANT accepts ND (Upper credit) Public Administration plus UTME requirements.
(8) AAUA – same as in Accounting
(9) ABU as in International Studies
(10) ANSU accepts ND/HND (Lower Credit) or NCE in any related Social/Management Science.
(11) GSU accepts NCE in relevant subject.
(12) UNIJOS IN addition to the ‘A’ level passes required, credit passes at the ordinary level must include English Language, Government or History.
(13) EBSU accepts HND, NCE and ND with a minimum of Merit and Upper credit respectively in relevant fields.
(14) UNN accepts National Diploma in Public Administration at merit level plus UTME requirements.
(15) AAUA accepts National Diploma in related discipline at Upper credit level.
(16) ABU accepts Three ‘A’ level/IJMB passes from any of the following subjects: Government, History, Sociology, Economics, Geography.
(17) AAU accepts two ‘A’ level passes from Mathematics, Economics, Geography and Government or History are acceptable.”
(18) LASU accepts first degree in cognate or related discipline with minimum of second class lower division.
(19) DELSU accepts ND (Upper credit) from a recognised Polytechnic or degree in Arts, Social science or Law at least Third Class honours.
(20) KWASU accepts two A’ Level passes in Govt. and any one of History. Economics, Business methods and Geography or ND (upper credit) in Public Admin. Or LOCAL Government or HND (Lower Credit) in Public Administration or Local Government.
(21) GO requires three ‘A’ level passes in Government and any one of Economics, Mathematics and Geography. I.J.M.B.
(22) RENAISSANCE accepts at least apass in A’ level GCE or its equivalent in Government and History or a National Diploma.
(23) NDU accepts:
a. Two ‘A’ level passes in Government and any one of the following: Economics, History or Geography.
b. N.C.E. at credit level in Political Science and in combination or Local Government Administration with credit passes.
(24) SOUTHWESTERN accepts IJMB/NCE/ND/HND or its equivalents.
(25) BOWEN requires two A’ level passes in Government and any one of Economics, Geography, Mathematics or History.
[facebook-page-plugin href=”http://bestschools.com.ng” height=”100″ cover=”true” facepile=”true” tabs=”timeline” cta=”false” small=”true” adapt=”true” link=”true” linktext=”” ]
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]