The Young Professionals Program,YPP2019 is a starting point for an exciting career at the World Bank Group.
YPP2019 offers a 5year renewable term contract, spend (2years)24 months in a structured development program, and enjoy a variety of benefits and opportunities.
About World Bank Group
Below contains some brief points about world bank group:
- WBG is a family of five international organizations that make leveraged loans to developing countries.
- It is the largest and most famous development bank in the world and is an observer at the United Nation Development Group.
- The bank is based in Washington, D.C. and provided around $61 billion in loans and assistance to “developing” and transition countries in the 2014 fiscal year.
- The bank’s stated mission is to achieve the twin goals of ending extreme poverty and building shared prosperity.
- Total lending as of 2015 for the last 10 years through Development Policy Financing was approximately $117 billion.
About Young Professional Program,YYP2019
The application for the 2019 Selection Process for the Young Professionals Program will be open from June 14 to July 31, 2018 (midnight EST).
It is a unique opportunity for younger talent who have both a passion for international development and the leadership potential to grow in fascinating top technical and managerial roles in the World Bank Group (WBG). The program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to WBG technical/operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources and others.
Requirements For Young Professional Program,YPP2019
- Candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability.
- Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank Group
- Be born on or after October 1, 1986 i.e must be 32 years old above
- A PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience
- Must be able to speak English language.
- Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others
- At least three years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level
Scholarship Benefits For Young Professional Program,YPP2019
Below contains the benefits you will gain from YYP2019:
- Salary: As an entry-level professional in the WBG, Young Professionals are offered an internationally competitive salary, based on their education and professional experience.
- Health, Life, Accident, and Other Insurance Programs: Young Professionals and their families (including declared domestic partners) may choose from three comprehensive medical/dental benefit plans. The WBG also provides basic life and accident insurance to all staff at no cost, and staff can elect optional life and accident insurance plans. The WBG provides disability and workers’ compensation coverage to staff at no cost.
- Pension Plan: The WBG sponsors a comprehensive pension plan for eligible staff. Upon separation from the WBG, either a lump sum or a pension will become payable to the staff based on eligibility.
- Relocation Benefits: These benefits are only applicable to staff who are not residents of the greater Washington-Baltimore metropolitan area at the time of appointment.
- Relocation Travel: The World Bank will bear the cost of one-way transportation of staff and immediate dependent family from the staff member’s residence.
- Financial Assistance: The World Bank Group offers several financial assistance programs, including a two-year interest-free settling-in loan to those who relocate upon appointment.
Application Procedure For Young Professional Program,YPP2019
Before You Apply, please ensure that:
- You meet the minimum requirements for eligibility for the Young Professionals Program and,
- You have all the information at hand including key dates, an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), Education Certificates/Transcripts, PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topics (short summary), if applicable, and the Application Essay ready to be uploaded
- For more visit the Official Scholarship Link
See more related posts: