Possible Questions And Answers From JAMB Novel Independence By Sarah Ladipo Mayinka. This article comprises of likely question from JAMB recommended novel Independence written by Sarah Ladipo Mayinka.
Are you writing JAMB For 2018? If So, then you should already be aware that JAMB Candidates will tested based on JAMB Novel titled: In The Independence.
In this article, i am going to share with you, the likely questions that will come out from the Independence by Sarah Ladipo Mayinka.
We have taking out time to list out about 100 Likely questions; you can enjoy all of them all for free below.
Students are advised to further read the novel in case some of the questions we listed below are not asked in the examination.
LIKELY QUESTIONS FROM JAMB NOVEL : INDEPENDENCE
The option marked indicates the right answer.
QUESTION 1 – 33
1. Tayo’s mother died on her way to____?
2. where did ike work?
(a)In a bar
(b)in the ministry of education✔
(c)as a British council
(d)as a business man
3. which word akin’s uncle have a penchant for?
4. who told Tayo his mother was dead?
5. what game did akin’s uncle start with his friends?
6. what is the name of akin’s uncle boss?
(c)Lord lugard ✔
7. whom did Tayo think of whenever he was with Helene?
8. what was written on kemi’s snoopy night dress?
(a)Love is the whole world✔
(b)Rock my style
(c)Love my style love me
(d)kiss my ass
9. where did ajayis always fly to for the summer holidays?
10. in what year did uncle kayode get married to Helene?
11. how old was Miriam’s pregnancy as at the time they visited the yelwa club?
12. who called out on greetings as Tayo and his family entered the lounge in yelwa club?
13. what was the name of Tayo’s daughter?
14. who phoned Tayo last week to congratulate him on his manuscript?
15. what was the name of salamatou’s son?
16. when was tayo’s family house normally quiet?
(c)Sunday morning ✔
17. what did Tayo and Vanessa order when they got to the restaurant in Lagos?
(a)Rice and beans
(b)Rice and stew
(c)Rice and plantains✔
18. what was the name of Tayo’s neighborhood drunk in his home town in ibadan?
19. who was the most successful trader along the west African coast?.
(d)Tayo’s mother in Law
20. what was the name of Oxford finest hotel?
(b)The Randolph Hotel✔
(c)Super motion hotel
(d)Oxford Hotel and suit
21. what was the name of Yusuf’s current girlfriend?
22. What did tunde refuse to have at the party in his house?
23. Tunde’s room was designed to be what?
(c)a slf con
24.The name of Tayo’s cousin was?
25. where did Tayo accompany t… read more
First batch questions ended here.
Jamb In Dependence Novel Second batch questions starts here.
This 2nd batch contains 94 Likely Questions From Each Chapter Of JAMB Novel For 2017 UTME- In Dependence By Sarah Mayinka
Chapter One Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
1. For what purpose is Tayo travelling to England?
Ans: To take up a scholarship at Balliol College, Oxford
2. What is the name of Tayo’s school in England?
Ans: Balliol College
3. What is the significance of Tayo’s visit to relatives before embarking on his journey to England? Ans: It is their tradition
4. Through what means of transportation does Tayo travel to England?
Chapter Two Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
5. Why is Tayo surprised that people do not greet each other in passing in England?
Ans: Because in Nigeria, so much value is attached to greetings
6. In what subject did Bisi receive the highest honours?
7. In the Ajayi motto, all things are expected to be done with moderation except what?
Chapter Three Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
8. Who is Mr Barker?
Ans: He His headmaster and Mr Faircliffe’s old colleague
9. What reminds Tayo of his mother in the Barkers’ house?
Ans: Isabella cooks wonderful meals in a way that reminds Tayo of his mother
10. Christine was in her third year of study when?
Ans: Tayo met her for the first Time
Chapter Four Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
11. What is Vanessa Richardson’s nationality?
12. What is the name of the friend that Vanessa wrote a letter to, concerning the status of women? Ans: Jane
13. The full meaning of JACARI is?
Ans: Joint Action Committee Against Racial Inequality
Chapter Five Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
14. What are Christine’s reasons for putting an end to her relationship with Tayo?
Ans: Because she was called ‘clingy’ and the fear of her boy being snatched by some woman
15. The language of fun among Tayo’s Nigerian friends is ?
16. What are the things that made Tayo remember home each time he is at Christine’s place?
Ans: Her cooking which reminds him of mama and the juju and highlife music she plays
Chapter Six Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
17. What is the trait that Nessa cherises in Tayo and that is absence in Charlie and Mehul?
18. What does Nessa mean by saying she has a ‘’small confession’’ to make?
Ans: She has connections to Nigeria as her father is a colonial officer over there
19. What did Tayo name Vanessa as?
Chapter Seven Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
20. What delicacies did Vanessa’s mother make to welcome her daughter?
Ans: Chicken pie and cake
21. For what occasion did her mother ask her whom she was inviting?
Ans: Christmas party
22. Whom did Vanessa’s father invite for the occasion?
Ans: His South African racist miner friends.
Chapter Eight Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
23. How old was the Richardson’s house when Tayo attended a party there?
Ans: About 200 years
24. “We all get embarrassed by our parents”. Who said this?
25: To whom was it said?
Chapter Nine Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
26. What, according to the narrator, did Nessa admire in Tayo when she visited him in the room and saw him organizing his records in piles?
Ans: His tidiness
Chapter Ten Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
27. Where did Simon suggest that they (him, Tayo and their two girlfriends) spend Easter?
28. Christine died by——?
29. Why did Tayo feel guilty about Christine’s death?
Ans: His refusal to respond properly to her letters and not giving her attention
Chapter Eleven Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
30. Who is the only family Tayo has in England?
31. Why does Vanessa’s father detest Uncle Tony?
Ans: To him, he is unconventional to him and because he had the opportunity of achieving a place at Cambridge University which Vanessa’s father didn’t have
32. What qualities did the narrator ascribe to Nancy?
Ans; She is being described as having a ‘supercilious (arrogantly proud) tone and feigned generosity’
Chapter Twelve Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
33. What made Tayo realise how lucky he was for getting a scholarship at Balliol?
Ans: He witnessed the life of struggle most African students live, engaging in ridiculous and exhausting jobs such as bakery and hospital work to make ends meet
34. What do the signs: “No Dogs, No Irish, No Coloureds’’ (Africans and Indians) symbolise in the novel?
35. The least strenuous work was reserved for whom?
Ans: The English
Chapter Thirteen Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
36. Where was bathing done since there is no bathroom in Tunde’s house?
Ans; Kitchen (in tins) or public baths.
37. For what purpose(s) did Tunde throw a party in his house?
Ans: For Tayo and to celebrate Gambia’s independence
38. ‘’Nigerian women are the best’’ who said this?
Chapter Fourteen Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
39. Whose wedding did Tayo and Vanessa attend?
40. Joyce was expected to be the bride, but the bride turned out to be whom?
41. ‘’No! Don’t Moremi me’’ Who made this statement?
94 Likely Questions From Each Chapter Of JAMB Novel- In Dependence By Sarah Mayinka Page Two
Chapter Fifteen Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
42. On New Year’s Eve, what happened to Tayo?
Ans: He woke up homesick
43. Where did he buy his chicken from?
Ans: The Covered Market
Chapter Sixteen Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
44. The finest hotel in Oxford is…?
Ans: Randolph Hotel
45. According to the narrative, who is Tayo’s favourite uncle?
Ans: Uncle Kayode
Chapter Seven Teen Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
46. Who invited Tayo to lead his school assembly with a lecture on Nigeria?
Ans: Mr Richardson
47. ‘’What are your intentions with my daughter?’’ Who made this statement?
Ans: Mr Richardson
48. Who sent Tayo the telegram which reads: ‘’Baba is in hospital, recovering. Return home immediately’’?
Ans: Tayo’s mother
Chapter Eighteen Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
49. What does Tayo despise Mr Richardson for?
50. Who is Dele?
Ans: The village drunk
Chapter Nineteen Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
51. What circumstance led to the end of Tayo and Vanessa’s relationship?
Ans: Tayo impregnated a woman
Chapter Twenty Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
52. In this narrative, Nessa’s dreams as portrayed by the writer are…?
Ans: Writing about African art and culture
53. Who is Salamatou?
Ans: A single mother of half-caste Sulaiman
Chapter Twenty-one Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
54. In Tayo’s opinion, what are the root causes of oil corruption and a broken civil service in Nigeria? Ans: Greed and mismanagement
55. In what university was Tayo offered a job?
Ans: Birmingham University
56. Who is Miriam?
Answer: Tayo’s wife
Chapter Twenty-two Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
57. Whose diary did Tayo discover in his study?
58. Why is Miriam loved by Tayo’s family?
Ans: She nursed Tayo’s father with care when he had stroke
Chapter Twenty-three Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
59. Whose house is described as ‘Beauty in the Heart of Darkness’?
Ans: Uncle Kayode’s house
60, What is the name of the local artiste that took Tayo to the village?
Chapter Twenty-Four Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
61. What led to the closure of universities?
Ans: University students protest
62. For what reason is Tayo Opposed to leaving the country?
Ans: He Wanted to wait and help his students
Chapter Twenty FiveLikely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
63. In order of occurrence, what are the challenges Tayo faced that made him reconsider leaving Nigeria?
Ans: The broken pipe, his house boy’s leave of him, his disappointment in the Foundation and threats to his life.
64. What was his purpose of planning to travel to New York, even though he eventually could not? Ans: To receive an award for his book
65. Why did Simon arrange a meeting for Tayo and whom did he hold it with?
Ans: To help in the possible funding of Tayo’s university
66. What was the outcome of the meeting?
Chapter Twenty-Six Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
67. Who challenged Tayo on the road on his way home?
Ans: The soldiers
68. What reason did the soldiers give for bringing Tayo home?
Ans: They said Tayo had an accident while driving recklessly
Chapter Twenty-Seven Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
69. What circumstance led to the death of Nessa’s mother?
70. What killed Tayo’s father?
71. By what means did Tayo’s mother die?
Ans: An accident
Chapter Twenty-Eight Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
72. How many years of marriage did Nessa and Edward celebrate at their wedding anniversary?
Ans: 18 years
73. ‘’To the woman I love, and with whom I have walked the best 18 years of my life’’. Who made this statement?
74. To whom was the statement made?
Chapter Twenty-Nine Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
75. What is responsible for the divorce between Tayo and his wife?
Ans: Tayo took priority in his students over his wife and child
76. For what reason was Tayo detained?
Ans: For showing his students Perry Henzel’s film, The Harder They Come.
Chapter Thirty Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
77. What does Vanessa mean by the pick-up-your-stick-and-sandals marriage?
Ans: A kind of love story wherein two lovers who are each other’s first love do not get to marry each other but meet later in life to re-unite
78. ‘’Ah, fuck you, Mum!’’ Who said this?
Chapter Thirty-One Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
79. What is the name of the home in which Nessa went to check on her aged father?
Ans: The Carrington Home for the Elderly
80. For what reason did Nessa tell her father when she was going to the airport?
Ans: To meet Tayo
81. What was her father looking for before she came?
Ans: His pen
Chapter Thirty-Two Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
82. What is name of Tayo’s driver?
83. ‘’Marriage is a serious thing’’ who said this?
84. To whom was it said?
Chapter Thirty-Three Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
85. In what part of the U.S. did Kemi reside?
Ans: San Francisco
86. Whose money was used for Tayo’s treatment after his accident?
Chapter Thirty-Four Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
87. Why was Vanessa initially reluctant to publish her father’s manuscript?
Ans: The poor relationship between her and her father
88. Why did Vanessa’s mother return to England with young Vanessa, while her father remained in Nigeria?
Ans: Vanessa’s mother had an affair with their gardener, Danjuma.
Chapter Thirty-Five Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
89. Tayo was employed to teach Oral histories in Northern Nigeria and the political history of West Africa in?
Ans: San Francisco.
90. ‘‘…Race is a part of the fabric of this nation. You’re either black or you’re white, and this affects every aspect of your life’’ who said this?
91. To whom was this said?
Chapter Thirty-Six Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
92. What honorary degree did Tayo receive?
Ans: Doctorate of literature
93. Who asked Tayo and Nessa to help take a photograph of them?
Ans: A middle-aged couple
94. Did Miriam grace the occasion of Tayo’s award of honorary degree?
Click Here To Download The 94 Likely Questions From Each Chapter Of JAMB Novel- In Dependence By Sarah Mayinka In PDF.